Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Strawberry, Banana, & Tea Smoothie


How is summer 2014 almost over?! It seems like it was just yesterday I was out of school and ready for my three months of semi-relaxation. Although, my mind sometimes still thinks it’s 2007 so there’s that.

This past week has been spent with me running around all over town in preparation for me to move back into my apartment at school. I’ve been constantly splitting my time between reorganizing my room, packing, going through boxes in storage, and meeting up with my high school friends for last-minute summer shenanigans before we all head off to school. Needless to say, I’ve been relying on a lot caffeine boosts as of late.

In Chicago, Argo Tea, a local tea cafĂ© (think Starbucks but for tea) has something called a smootea, which aside from the fabulous pun usage, taste’s great and gives you a natural dose of energy. It’s basically a smoothie with the added bonus of tea.

Since I’ve been trying to lessen my coffee intake, as well as trying to make the summer weather last a little longer, I thought I would try and make my own smootea and share it here.  So, if you’re looking for an easy way to kickstart your day, look no further!

Time: 10 Minutes                              Serving size : 1

What you will need:

1 cup of frozen strawberries

1 banana

1 cup of iced tea (or tea of your choosing)

1 blender (duh.)  

1 glass (duh.)


 First, add in the iced tea. I use Pure Leaf Lipton Ice Tea because it’s all natural and unsweetened. You’re welcome to use whatever tea floats your boat, however. Once the iced tea has been poured, add in your fruit. (Optional: add in a teaspoon of chia seeds or some protein powder if you’re feeling extra healthy)


Blend on medium to high setting. If your smoothie is too thick, just add more tea until you reach your desired consistency.


Pour into a glass and enjoy. If you’re REALLY going for it, you can garnish the rim of your glass with another strawberry.



 Happy final days of summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment